Thursday, August 14, 2008

Friday morning in Jerusalem

Seriously, is there anything better? It's amazing (and somewhat humorous) to watch everyone running around so frantically. It truly is a special feeling to be in the middle of it. I can't wait until I am one of these frantic people trying to get ready for Shabbat...

This past week has been very relaxing and everything is going very well. As I said Sunday was Tisha B'av, and I spent the day studying at Pardes. We are not supposed to be social on this day, so when I was meeting people I would be studying with in the coming year, I had to hold back on wanting to know more about them. I am positive that there will be opportunities for that in the future.
Monday-Wednesday I spent my days at Pardes also. I received some summer assignments earlier in the summer and so I am working on finishing up those up before classes start at the beginning of next month. The first part is reviewing and familiarizing myself with the Parsha Shavua (I know I am supposed to be including that in my blog, but I forgot to my Tanach this weekend). The other part is going over all of Malachim Bet. It's an interesting book that goes over all the kings after Jehosophat, and the falls of both the Israeli and Judean Kingdoms. I'm not sure where these will be brought into my studies, but it's a good feeling to atleast prepare for school.
Thursday I came into town and met up with Shosh's group on Ben Yehuda during the afternoon. We are staying at the Young Judea youth hostel which is located near the Jerusalem Zoo. Last night we took her group out to a bar and I got to meet up with my friend Simi who has been here for the last couple weeks. He is leaving this weekend, so I was happy I got to see him beforehand. Overall it was a fun and interesting night.
Today I am in town doing some shopping for Shabbat (not frantically as I said earlier, I don't have that much to get!) I'm spending Shabbat with Shosh and her group. Her group is leaving right after Shabbat so Shosh and I will be heading back to Kfar Adumim on Sunday morning. She leaves first thing Monday morning, and then we are going about 6 weeks before she comes back. This is going to be a hard one, but we decided to not think about it. I am going to purchase the beer brewing materials on Tuesday, moving in to my apartment on Wednesday, and brewing beer on Thursday. It should be a fun week!
That's all for now, talk to everyone soon!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Shabbat Shalom! Lots of love to you and Shosh and wishes for a great couple of days before Shosh leaves. Miss you - Love, Jill

Rachel said...

Such a good post! I hope you enjoy your studying, spending time with Shosh, moving and brewing beer! Mollie misses her Uncle Marc - xxoo Rachel